About Me

My photo
I created this blog as a way to "Keep up with the Joneses"! We feel so blessed to get to spend everyday together and my hope is that this blog is a way for us to look back and remember our journey together! I know this will evolve and I cannot wait to see what it turns in to. I have recently added my side business on to the blog. I taking a leap of faith with my photography and cannot wait to see what happens. I hope you enjoy!

Monday, December 9, 2013

Fall was FUN

Wow! I cannot believe I have not posted since the summer. With starting a new job, working on our house, doing YL and really living our life I just completely forgot to take a minute to reflect on our happenings. Instead of going back and doing a post on each awesome thing that happened this fall I am just going to recap via instagram pics. It has been such a fun few months and we are so thankful for all God has given us. Our life is so full and just thinking about it overwhelms me.

I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10 


So here we go.. 

August: We celebrated my brother in law Nathan's birthday. I love getting to call him that! We went to Long view for the weekend. Annie was the best hostess. We went to a peach farm, cooked out, hot tubed, and just celebrated Nathan. I then got in full swing of my new job. It was way more than I anticipated learning how to schedule 800 students was ALOT more than I thought. Turns out I love scheduling middle school students. It is such a puzzle and huge task to make sure they all have a place to be on the first day of school. I LOVE my new job and yes I am typing this in DECEMBER and can still say I Love my new job. We also celebrated some sweet friends birthday's, enjoyed the last of half price shakes at sonic, kicked of GCYL and got our BAYLOR season tickets in! Whew what a month! 












September: We had lots of football going on this month! We drove to Waco several times to watch the BEARS start their amazing season. We loved being in Waco enjoying Geroges and of course Common Grounds to help with our drives. We celebrated more birthday's, watched lots of high school football, had a night out with our supper club, hosted  a freshman YL cook out (forgot to mention we are now the GCYL freshmen leaders), and attended another huge food fight. We also got to take a fun weekend trip to Missouri to celebrate our friend Dustin's 30 birthday and spend some time with sweet friends. We toured budweiser, saw the arches, went to a cards game and shared many laughs. To not leave Griffin out he is such a sweet part of our life. I honestly did not think I could love a dog this much. He makes coming home so much better. 











October: The football season continued on. Having season tickets is soo much fun! This month was homecoming which is one of my favorite weekends of the year. We got to spend it with close friends that we met at Baylor. I just love a reason to be back in Waco. My small group girls and I started a new tradition to kick off fall with a scarf exchange and coffee. It was such a fun night. Got to have some fun dinners with our besties, went to the fair, made a duct tape mum and served at a huge event to pack meals for people in Haiti with our church. We also went on a whirl wind weekend with YL to San Antonio. It was a trip that took 24 hours and it was a total blast. This month was also very special because I got to host my first shower at our new house.. Krista's baby shower was a huge success. It was so special to see my best friend get all those amazing gifts to welcome baby James! We did some more house projects (painted the door), celebrated more birthdays, hosted our second annual pumpkin carving party for our small group, visited the pumpkin patch, and even had one for YL girls. We had some fun nights in, spent lots of nights hanging out, got some fun texts from my prego bestie and dressed up again for a fun Halloween costume party. October was so full of fun thinking back I cannot believe we fit it all back in.






















November: November was a great reminder for us to take time and thank God for all we have. We feel so thankful for each other, our home, our families, our church, our friends, our jobs, and the list could go on. There are small things everyday I am amazed by and just so thankful I get to live this life for God. November we had lots of football including a Thursday night game, playing Tech at the Cowboys stadium and finishing the month at the TCU game ( I FINALLY GOT TO MEET KEN STARR as we were walking out... BEST. DAY. EVER). We celebrated more birthdays ( I love birthday's), had our last club in a bubble, celebrated a life long friends wedding, spent lots of time with some of my favorite freshman girls, had a fun girls night, caught up with old friends and enjoyed lots of time with family. We got to spend a weekend in Lubbock celebrating Thanksgiving early, we had lots of yummy food and sweet time with family and as always enjoyed some sweet time in the car with my man. Jeffrey made a delicious pie TWICE this month. I got an entire week off for Thanksgiving and it was a great week. I got to spend a lot of time with my sweet sister and mom. Poor thing had a major foot surgery and is still recovering from that. For Thanksgiving we spent the morning at home together watching the parade, sipping coffee and talking about what we are thankful for. Then we went to my mom's for the day, ate yummy food and hung with my family. Then we continued our black Friday shopping tradition and took Annie and Nathan out for the first time. It was such a fun week! Last, but certainly not least Jeffrey and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary. We had a low key night out, and took time to journal about the last year together. Wow what a great year it was! Looking forward to what year three will hold! I love you JWJ! 























Thankful for this FULL  life,

MJ








No comments:

Post a Comment