About Me

My photo
I created this blog as a way to "Keep up with the Joneses"! We feel so blessed to get to spend everyday together and my hope is that this blog is a way for us to look back and remember our journey together! I know this will evolve and I cannot wait to see what it turns in to. I have recently added my side business on to the blog. I taking a leap of faith with my photography and cannot wait to see what happens. I hope you enjoy!

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Community Group

Can I just say I LOVE our church and our church family. Two years ago when Jeffrey and I went to try out Compass we knew instantly it was where God wanted us. We met Patrick Garcia who in our first conversation invited us to join a community group with him and his wife Savannah. This was exactly what Jeffrey and I were looking for. Little did we know they would grow to be very special friends to us. Our group started out small, 6 people to be exact. We had such sweet times studying God's word, praying together and walking through life with each other. Sadly everyone from our original group has now moved out of Texas (We miss yall), but our group has seen so much growth. We ended up multiplying into two groups. Yes we had enough people to fill two small groups of young adults in the Grapevine area. Such a blessing! Our group has grown even more this year. When I say I am thankful it does not begin to do justice how blessed I feel to be a member at Compass and of our community group. I am thankful for Wednesday nights with them. I am thankful for group texts. I am thankful for new friendships. I am thankful for neighbors. I am thankful for fun memories. I am thankful to have a group of young adults to encourage me. I am thankful to have someone to study God's word with. I am thankful for people to help me in my walk with Christ. I am thankful for there prayers.  I am thankful we can share the good and the bad. I am thankful we can do life. I am overwhelmingly thankful for this community God has made us a part of.

And of course it would not be a post without some fun pictures... and I swear the boys our in the group too, I just do not have many pictures with them!





Thankful for CCC and our Community Group, 

MJ 

No comments:

Post a Comment