About Me

My photo
I created this blog as a way to "Keep up with the Joneses"! We feel so blessed to get to spend everyday together and my hope is that this blog is a way for us to look back and remember our journey together! I know this will evolve and I cannot wait to see what it turns in to. I have recently added my side business on to the blog. I taking a leap of faith with my photography and cannot wait to see what happens. I hope you enjoy!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Easter in D.C.

This post has been a long time coming. I am so sad it has taken me this long to get it done. Between grad school, a new job and life I have not had much time to blog. I am trying to get all caught up though!

We had been planning to spend Easter in D.C. for months! We were excited to be in Washington, but even more excited to spend the weekend with our friend Cary! Cary is Jeffrey's best friend from Amarillo. The two of them grew up together. I met Cary three years ago and ever since I feel like he is one of my good friends too! He is so funny and we loved getting to spend the weekend in his hood! Anyways the plan was to arrive on Friday morning, but because of the tornadoes our flight got canceled. So we landed at 2:00 am Friday morning, took a cab ride to our hotel and basically fell into bed. We met Cary bright and early and here is how the rest of the weekend looked!




Friday: We met Cary at his office building and saw where he works everyday. We then hit the ground running with our capitol tour. Since Cary works there we got to do a lot of inside stuff. Such as cut all lines, see the secret balcony, ride the underground subway. It was so cool to be inside that building. We then left there to see where Cary lives. It is such a cool place. Brunch was next on the agenda (which we found out is a really big deal in D.C., everyone brunches) It was very yummy! Great food & Great Company. We then piled in the car to head out to Annapolis. Here we saw the Naval academy, walked around the town, and went to have crabs on the Chesapeake Bay. This was such a fun experience. Eating crab is hard work. We then just sat on the dock and chatted the evening up.What a day!

Cary's Office  
On the Capitol Tour 
 Capitol Balcony 
Underground Subway 


Brunch 

Naval Academy 
Crabs


Saturday: To say I was really excited about Saturday would be an understatement. I absolutely could not wait for this day! We got up bright and early, caught a cab to the WHITE HOUSE for our insiders tour. We had to go through 3 security check points. Once we were in though, it was incredible. There is so much history there. I could have asked hundreds of questions. The secret service men are in charge of the tour which was cool to hear their insight. After that we met Cary to go have drinks at the W's balcony and look out over the entire city. It was gorgeous! We then headed to have lunch and peruse Georgetown. On this day we got to ride the Metro and take a gorgeous stroll through D.C. Georgetown had tons of amazing shopping (the biggest anthropologie I have EVER seen) I could have easily spent the whole weekend shopping there! Jeffrey actually made a purchase (which he NEVER does) and I found a J for our J wall ( which we sadly left in our hotel room) Then it was time for another exciting part of the trip.. bike rides to see all of the National monuments. We rode bikes for probably three hours up and down the Potomac river and to see all of the monuments. It was beautiful weather, and incredible views. We had so much fun stopping at each site and taking pictures. We then got ready for our roof top dinner and our trip to a speak easy (which was an experience all in itself..my drink was not so yummy). Saturday really was an unforgettable day!

Outside the White House (the only place pictures are allowed) 


W Hotel 

Metro 

Shopping in Georgetown 
 The boys loving the shopping 
Bike Riding 
Boys Bikes 

Favorite Picture of the weekend! 


 At one of the stops 
Beautiful! 

Rooftop Dinner 

Speak Easy 


Sunday: We woke up to have breakfast on Kathryn's rooftop (one of Cary's friends). She was so sweet to get up early on Easter Sunday and cook for us! Her rooftop looks out over the whole city. We then piled in the car to head to the National Cathedral for Easter services. There were tons of people. Luckily we got seats in the center aisle. It was gorgeous inside and it was a great way to celebrate that Jesus has Risen!! Sadly that was the end to our trip and we had to head to the airport to get back to reality.

Hoppy Easter--Balcony Breakfast

National Cathedral 


Easter inside the Cathedral 


Our trip to D.C. was absolutely AMAZING! It was a great way to see the city and we had an incredible time with Cary. Traveling with Jeffrey is my favorite! I cannot wait for all the fun places we will experience
 together!



Thankful for the opportunity to see other places,

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment