About Me

My photo
I created this blog as a way to "Keep up with the Joneses"! We feel so blessed to get to spend everyday together and my hope is that this blog is a way for us to look back and remember our journey together! I know this will evolve and I cannot wait to see what it turns in to. I have recently added my side business on to the blog. I taking a leap of faith with my photography and cannot wait to see what happens. I hope you enjoy!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Wine Trail with the Joneses

PREPARE YOURSELF THIS IS A LONG ENTRY 

This past weekend was an action packed weekend. It hit the ground running at 4:30 when I picked Jeffrey up from his week long trip to Minnesota. We went to the bakery to pick up some sweets for our special guests: Rich, Cathey and Judy. They drove in from Amarillo to celebrate birthday's, valentine's day and just because. It was the first time they stayed in our home and we had such a blast hosting them. Friday night we went to Birthday dinner at a little Italian place by our house that is BYOB. We ended the evening by watching our amazing wedding video (side note: if you are looking for a videographer I highly recommend Wink & Smile out of Waco, Tx). It was so fun to remember the day all over again. 



Saturday we woke up and had a huge homestyle breakfast at another place near our house. Cathey and I had to leave early to make it to our appointment at the Dry Bar in Frisco. Which I had heard very mixed messages about. Luckily we had an incredible experience. They were super friendly, greeted us with drinks, washed, dried and styled our hair exactly the way we wanted. We even got some new product and hair accessories out of the trip. I definitely want to make another trip there very soon. 



After the Dry Bar we met the boys up to start our Sweetheart wine trail tour through downtown Grapevine. We had such a blast strolling up and down main street. We tasted lots of fun wine, ate yummy food and did some shopping as well. If you have never done the wine trail in Grapevine I highly suggest it. It was the best Valentines date ever! We will most definitely be participating in this again very very soon. We ended the night with a lovely make up experience at Nordstrom and yummy pizza from Coalvines. 






The super fun bracelet I got on the trail (Thanks Jor) 

Sunday we woke up and Rich cooked us a yummy breakfast. We then headed to church for our Man vs Series. It was a great message on Man vs. Envy and how it is all a heart issue. So this week I am really working on knowing that I am an envious person and that is because it is a heart problem. 
After church we went on the Baylor Women's Council home tour through Colleyville and Grapevine. It was a fun way to support Baylor scholarships. We then had to say goodbye to Rich and Cathey which is the worst part. I really wish we all lived closer, but am so thankful for the time we do get to spend with them. We are truly blessed to have such amazing family. 

After they left Jeffrey and I quickly ran to the grocery store to prepare for community group that evening. We were having a cookie exchange and each couple had to bring homemade cookies along with the recipe. It was such a fun way to try a lot of different cookies. It was actually a contest and we had to vote on each others cookies. Our's did not win, but at least most of them were gone by the end of the evening (thats a good sign right?)


We had a great night of fellowship and spending time applying the sermon for the week to our lives. Really focusing on the memory verse this week and spending time in prayer for a more content heart.

"For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice." James 3:16 


Thankful,

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment