About Me

My photo
I created this blog as a way to "Keep up with the Joneses"! We feel so blessed to get to spend everyday together and my hope is that this blog is a way for us to look back and remember our journey together! I know this will evolve and I cannot wait to see what it turns in to. I have recently added my side business on to the blog. I taking a leap of faith with my photography and cannot wait to see what happens. I hope you enjoy!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Frozen Crock Pot Dinners

So Jeffrey and I are trying to learn to budget our money now that the two of us are combined. It is much easier to budget for yourself so we are tweaking, takings lots of tips from otheres and being very prayerful in our decisions on what is best for us to manage our money.  It is quite a journey and I am sure we will change the way we do it many times before we find exactly what works for us.  Right now we are working on dropping the cost we spend on groceries. I found some really great tips here Freezer Cooking  on cooking for the month. We are going to try to cook for two weeks. So basically we picked 4 crock pot dinners and prepared them all and put them into baggies to freeze until we are ready to cook. This is quite a task and with both of us working together it took about an hour to cut and portion everything off. I would highly reccommend doing this with your spouse, roomate etc.  So we will cook two this week and two the following. The other nights we will shop our pantry which I find a lot of information about that here Shop your Pantry  We will see how it works out/tastes. I'll update once we have made it through the first round!



Thankful for our crock pot,

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment