About Me

My photo
I created this blog as a way to "Keep up with the Joneses"! We feel so blessed to get to spend everyday together and my hope is that this blog is a way for us to look back and remember our journey together! I know this will evolve and I cannot wait to see what it turns in to. I have recently added my side business on to the blog. I taking a leap of faith with my photography and cannot wait to see what happens. I hope you enjoy!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

4th of July SHORTS!!! DIY

 

So many of you might have seen these cuties on PINTEREST.. well my sister and I decided to give them a try. Since we will be apart on the 4th of July it was necessary that we both make a pair to wear. She will be on the ranch in Longview and I will be in BOSTON on the harbor. I am horrible at giving tutorials on how to do anything but you can check out exact directions here  FLAG SHORTS ... I will say for someone that is not very crafty this was pretty easy.. granted I had my SUPER crafty sister Annie to help me along the way. Here is our process:


Here are the supplies we used.. fabric spray paint.. sticky stars for the template and painters tape! Oh and of course scissors to cut of the shorts! 


We went to the good will and bought Jeans for 99 cents to cut off... According to Annie you should not cut straight across it should be on a slant.. we used shorts we liked the length of to measure. We added two inches to the measurement because we wanted to be able to fold ours over if we wanted. 
We then taped everything off.. you can arrange things however you want. Then the painting begin 

After we finished spraying and removing the tape




Then it was time to wash and dry them.. ours didn't come out exactly how we wanted after the first wash so we added bleach and washed again to get the washed out faded look. 




 We can't wait to wear our shorts!

Thankful for a crafty sister,

MJ















No comments:

Post a Comment