About Me

My photo
I created this blog as a way to "Keep up with the Joneses"! We feel so blessed to get to spend everyday together and my hope is that this blog is a way for us to look back and remember our journey together! I know this will evolve and I cannot wait to see what it turns in to. I have recently added my side business on to the blog. I taking a leap of faith with my photography and cannot wait to see what happens. I hope you enjoy!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekend Recap


Back together and it feels so good ;) 

Well I was not expecting to have much of a weekend because I thought I would spend most of the day Saturday in the car. That changed due to the fact that being apart from Jeffrey any longer was not making me very happy. My mom being the great lady that she is said I can drive until dark if you can drive through the night to get us the rest of the way home. So yes, my mom and I made the 12 hour drive in ONE day! I am literally so proud of us, well mostly me because I HATE driving. In fact I drove longer in one day of this trip home than the entire time I have ever driven Jeffrey around (well that is according to him). Anyways we got home around 1:15 and sweet Jeffrey was waiting at my moms to drive me home. It was a long day, but having the whole weekend sure was nice.



Saturday we woke up and worked out. Then we spent the day just regrouping and spending time with each other. (I do not know if I have made it clear 8 days without Jeffrey is TOOOOOOO long). We grocery shopped, cleaned, did laundry and squeezed in lunch at EATZIS (our fav). Then we met up with 3 awesome couples (the Jeffrey's, the Horvath's and the Tews) We had our first monthly supper club at Grimaldis in Grapevine and frozen yogurt at Cassies. It was such a fun evening with some of our very best friends. We are so thankful for each of them.



Sunday I woke up early to go volunteer at the memory care unit of a nursing home. It is such a rewarding place to volunteer and makes you realize how sweet life is. It is a great place and I feel like I might have a new passion towards this population. Then I picked Jeffrey up and we headed to church. We haven't been to church in like 3 weeks because of travel and weddings. It was so nice to be back with our church family and worship together. We are excited for all that God is doing at Compass and we cannot wait to serve there this year. We then decided to cook lunch together.. we chose a recipe from my sweet sister in laws blog (Quinoa Grapefruit Avocado Salad) if you have not checked it out you should it is so precious you can get to it from HERE. We had a yummy lunch and spent the rest of the day getting organized/ready for the week ahead. I HONESTLY cannot believe summer is over for me and its almost AUGUST! Time sure does fly when you are having fun!




Thankful for summer,

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment